Friday, January 30, 2015

This and That

Hello Bloggie land friends!
 
       How are you all doing? Well I've been visiting some of my favorite blogs and I got inspired to get busy and post something! So what have I been up to, you ask? ( you did ask that, didn't you? ;-) Well a little of this and a little of that. I've been busy thinking about Valentines day, which most of you know is also my anniversary. I'm trying to think up special ways to celebrate and in the meantime putting out a few decorations.







 OOH don't you just love the idea of a whole day set aside to celebrate LOVE!! I DO, I DO, I DO!! Funny that's what I said  24 yrs. ago, hehe ( wedding day )



 And let's not forget That love originated with Father God....
He who does not love, does not know God , for God is love 1John 4:8
I'm glad God gave us the ability to love, aren't you?





I've been practicing a few new songs on this,

                           And reading this for enlightenment,

 And this for fun. The book the meanest doll ever, is a sequel to the book The doll people and is actually juvenile reading but I enjoyed them just the same!and of course I'm always going through the Vivien Greene dolls house collection just for the sheer pleasure of it!


 Oh my goodness folks, I discovered I had a mouse problem and so I had to set about capturing them,
but don't worry I didn't kill them. I did however decide that if they were going to hang around here then they would definitely have to learn some manners!! Just kidding, hehe :-) I found this cute thing at the thrift store and of course it came home with me!







And speaking of thrift stores I also found these things,

 This is actually soap, the loose petals are for the bath tub and the little roses you pull the petals off to wash your hands, Of course it's rose scented and perfect for a Valentines day romantic bath, I think!

 OH I was so excited to find this little gemstone globe for .99 Cents, It looks perfect in the Whitman doll house library! Joseph Whitman was very happy with it too!

 Don't ask me why, but I have always wanted a pair of these cute little Baileys Irish cream cups and since I don't drink, this meant I would have to find them else where, well it's not the set, but for .69 cents how could I refuse? I think she is cute sitting there with my tea tins, don't you?



And last but not least I bought these pretty little Venetian cordial glasses which I will be selling on Ebay. They are actually much smaller than they appear in this picture. Well I guess that pretty much covers what I've been up to lately and if you stuck with me through all of this I do appreciate it so!!  I do hope you will leave me comments and tell me what you've been up to lately as well!
But before I go, I know your probably wondering what Celestine is up to? That's a very good question, because when I checked up on her, this is what I found,




Celestine, what are you up to? Why nothing darling, me and the girls are just chatting.
UH HUH
Well what do you think my bloggie friends, should I be worried?  Well, I guess we'll find out what she's up to eventually
Till next time,
Love and blessings to you all!
Teresa and Celestine

14 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Soon! It looks like you have been having a lot of fun! I haven't been thrift shopping in a while. It seems that they are very picked over lately. We are getting so crowded. Bummer! Your bride dolls are so gorgeous! I hope Celestine doesn't give them a makeover.

    Love,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy Jo,
      As far as I know there's no make overs in the works, but I'm sure Some things up, you know how naughty Celestine can be! hehe

      Delete
  2. Hi Teresa, I love those meeses to pieces! Yea those little mice are just the cutest ! And a bath with rose petals floating around in it sounds so relaxing. Hope your anniversary is special, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbie,
      Those mice are just so cute aren't they? I have visions of grandeur concerning candle lit baths with rose petals floating in the water, HeHe, a girl has to have dreams ya know ;-)

      Delete
  3. Happy Happy celebration! What fun to have married on Valentines Day your right a whole day of Love can't get any better. Have a Wonderful Week~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Diane!
      I thought getting married on Valentines day at least ensures that my husband can never forget his anniversary, haha!! OK there were other reasons too, but it sounds good, HUH? ;-) Hope you will have a lovely Valentines also!
      Teresa

      Delete
  4. Well hi there Teresa, l'm so glad you were inspired to post, it was thoroughly enjoyable. So many lovely things to look at and admire. Love especially the cordial glasses, your dolls and the valentines card. Wishing you a fantastic wedding anniversary coming up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bron,
      I always find so much inspiration in other's blogs and definitely yours among them! Those little cordials are actually prettier in person, some of the details didn't show up well in the photos. I hope you will also have a very lovely Valentine day!
      Blessings to you,
      Teresa

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Teresa, It's so nice to hear from you, it has been a while. Fun post! I like your little mouse find, and the rose soaps too! Thank you for sharing the Bible verse about love with us.
    Happy February and wishing you a wonderful Feb. 14 Anniversary!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina
      I do hope you will have a wonderful Valentines day also!
      Teresa

      Delete
  7. A Valentine anniversary , double the excitement & romance, and no excuse for either of you to forget your anniversary !

    What good finds at the thrift store, I really need to check ours out more often. I forget the goodies that could be used for the dollhouses.

    That Celestine, whatever she's up to the brides need to be wary. No telling what mischief she could stir up among them !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy,
      I definitely don't think either of us can ever claim we forgot our anniversary, haha, it's almost like I had a plan here, isn't it?
      I love having a thrift store day every now and then, because you just never know what you'll find! As far as Celestine goes, she just has a way of making mischief all the time ;-)
      Blessings to you
      Teresa

      Delete
  8. Thanks for this enlightning post. Please keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete