Monday, February 24, 2014

A Mini Update

Hello everybody,
   I thought I would give you a quick update on Grandma and Grandpa Hart's House. In case you don't remember, that's Victoria Valentine's parents, they will be living in the mother in law house on the Valentine property, which is a slightly smaller version of the big house. Grandma and Grandpa have been living in the big house with Victoria and Conrad while work is being done in their house, needless to say while the Valentine house is a home filled with great love :)  everyone is happy that Grandma and Grandpa and their 3 spaniels and their cat can now move into the in law quarters. There is still a lot to be done but Grandma, Grandpa and myself thought we would give you a little tour anyway.  Till next time, love and blessings to you all!
Teresa

 This is Grandpa's library, still need rug and pictures. everything else I already had from the miniature estate sale I went to, you can read about that in my blog called miniature mania.The desk came from Victoria's house.
 The parlor is made up of a couch that came with the Valentine residence, a fireplace I bought for the Valentine residence and didn't like it there, table from estate sale chairs and piano bought recently.
 dining room furniture also bought at estate sale except china cabinet which also came from Valentine residence
 bed and highboy actually came in this house but dresser w/ mirror and night stand were bought at antique store
 kitchen doesn't have a stove yet, still looking for just the right one. I have dishes and food just haven't put them in there yet since I will have to take all this stuff out again to finish installing lights once I buy them.
Bathroom fixtures came from estate sale and I attached faucets and toilet seat from another set that came with this house.  well that's all folks!!

6 comments:

  1. I can see where this miniature hobby would become very addicting. You really have some lovely 'antique' pieces of furniture and fixtures. What fun buying and setting it all up and creating stories to go along too.

    Thank you for your kind comment on my latest blog post. It means a lot.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Lorraine, this miniature thing is such a lot of fun and yes a little addictive also!! You truly are a brave lady and I know God will give you grace for this time in your life.
      Teresa

      Delete
  2. That bathroom, oh that bathroom ! I wonder if I could get a bathtub like that and the sink too. My husband probably would not consent. Oh well, love it anyway. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbie,
      It can be difficult to get our husbands to see things our way, but...you could get yourself a miniature house and then you can do anything you want!! I think you should join me!
      Love Ya,
      Teresa

      Delete
  3. It is all coming along nicely!

    Love to you,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the details all add up to make a charming home for Grandpa & Grandma Hart :)

    ReplyDelete